We recommend you to access Raise on your desktop rather than in a different device due to the browser limitations Web3 wallet providers offer. Here is a short guide on how to get started:
Below are the two direct links for HitBTC exchange:
Once you have bought your Raise Tokens, you will be able to deposit them into Raise through your crypto wallet.
Before investing, make sure you have some Ether in your wallet to pay transactional gas fees and invest.
The concept behind Raise stems from a white paper published in 2017: a crowdlending protocol built on the Ethereum Blockchain that builds a participative economy where companies in emerging markets are supported by a network of investors.
A part of that vision was to leverage a utility token (RAISE) to create a membership-based investor community, where people would need to deposit a certain amount of tokens in an escrow contract in order to gain access to the platform.
Our core objective is to build a sustainable, thriving crowdlending protocol where the interests of loan originators, investors and token holders are as aligned and balanced as possible.
Thus, purchasing the tokens means gaining access to the platform and being able to invest in our loan offers while leveraging the utility of the token.
It's a temporary deposit and you are welcome to request it back anytime, thus losing access to the platform and our investment opportunities.
You can find more information about the Raise Token and its present and future in this article.
Raise allows you to lend and borrow money worldwide using cryptocurrency. Lender holding DAI can start lending and earning above market returns.
Borrowing money is only available for Small and Medium Enterprises and lending institutions primarily in Emerging Markets. If you are interested, please check how to become a borrower and fill out the form.
At Raise, we take lender protection very seriously. Our risk mitigation policy includes several layers to help protect lenders from missed loan repayments and defaults.
Each borrower in Raise is carefully assessed by our risk team prior to joining the marketplace. We perform a thorough due diligence and analysis of financial statements, management quality, underwriting policy, credit scoring process, loan portfolio performance, and data accuracy to ensure that the loan originator comply with the strict risk standards that we have set for the Raise marketplace.
After finishing a loan auction, we continue monitoring the borrower for risks on an ongoing basis.
We believe in our loan originators and we want to prove that to you - we put our skin in the game by taking on part of the risk. Raise invests 10% of the loan target, leaving the 90% to be funded by you - our community of private investors.
Raise relies on the most commonly used stable coins as the medium of exchange between lenders and borrowers: DAI, USDC, and USDT. We believe these coins low volatility makes it a perfect medium to create stable and predictable loans in our platform.
The ROI is set to the level it has reached when the loan gets fully funded.
The borrower would be added to our public "bad actor” list and blocked from any further loan offering until their outstanding loan has been paid.
We would start an arbitrage phase between borrower and lender, with the objective of finding repayment options that suit both parties’ interests.
Repayments after a loan has defaulted will be managed outside the Raise smart contracts and will be facilitated by Raise. Raise takes no legal responsibility for any late payments or default.
In the event that a loan can't be repaid, even after the arbitrage phase, each lender credit position will be offered to licensed collection agencies.
Raise has been tested and is currently compatible with Metamask web browser. Support for other Dapp browsers such as Status and Trust will be added in the near future.
Raise is currently available worldwide, except in the following countries: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Macedonia, Kosovo, Serbia, Montenegro, Albania, Belarus, Burma, Ivory Coast, Cuba, Democratic Republic of Congo, Iran, Iraq, Liberia, North Korea, Sudan, Syria, United States of America and Zimbabwe.
While Raise is free for lenders, we charge a small percentage of the amounts raised to the borrower.
Our ''Buy crypto with credit card'' feature gets rid of the need to leave the platform to visit an exchange service in order to buy crypto.
Simply log in to Raise, create and/or connect your wallet, click on the wallet icon, and choose ''Buy with credit card'' (or click here). After the purchase, you will receive the funds to your Web3 wallet in a short period of time and you'll be ready to invest.
Here's a 7 steps guide of how to use it: https://raise.it/blog/buy-crypto-with-cc
Keep in mind that this transaction is not automatic, so your funds can take up to 48 hours to show in your wallet.